Popular Posts

Friday 16 September 2016

"Face em"

When I was little, I loved to play. My neighbour had these little wild wiener dogs that were always chained. But one day, to my chagrin, I heard RUFFRUFFRUFFRUFFRUFF. It didn't sound like it was coming from afar off. I looked and saw a fat brown wiener dog making a dash at me nipping at my heels. Instead of facing the little turd, I got scared and took off sprinting back into my house.
The dang thing came out of nowhere & completely startled me. Then the random sprint sent me into a wheezing fit as I tried to slow my breathing. Eventually, I found my pace again but it took a while before I'd go out comfortably without searching every nook and cranny to make sure there was no dog lurking nearby. Even today, I'm still scared of dogs but it got me thinking; just when we are getting  comfortable, strong and steady at the pace in the race of life, those darn things come barking out of nowhere. Most of the times, we can't help but sprint away in fear & it takes a toll on our pace in the race. We've all been chased by wiener dogs but in Christ we have the power to turn around, face the little pest and say NO! SIT! And we can run with endurance the race set before us.
So breathe!
Lace up!
And keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment